Pages

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Review: Zimpli Kids - Gelli Baff, Slime Baff & SnoBall Play


Hey guys, how are you all doing?
So, last month we was kindly sent a selection of Zimpli Kids products for Casper and Tabitha to try out and now we've finally given them all a go I thought I'd give you our thoughts! Zimpli Kids have an array of products, aimed at aged 3+, which include products focused on making bath time fun - turning the water into a range of different colours and texture whilst being 100% safe for children. There was 3 types of products that we were sent to try: Gelli Baff, Slime Baff and SnoBall. I will give a small review of each and then our overall thoughts!

Disclaimer
I would just like to say that their products are designed for aged 3+ and Tabitha who is 20 months old enjoyed playing with them as well. However, Tabitha and Casper were never left unattended and when in the bath I was sat directly next to Tabitha on the floor.

Zimpli Kids Gelli Baff

First up is Gelli Baff, we was sent Gelli Baff in the red and green colours and with Casper's favourite colour being green that was the one he was in a rush to try out! This product turns the bath water into a jelly like formula, it came with two sachets - the first to turn the water to goo and the second to dissolve the jelly to rinse the bath out - and it is so easy to make. I filled the bath so there was only about 5cm or so of water, tipped the whole of the first sachet in, mixed with my hand and within 15 minutes the water had turn to our Gelli Baff. I mixed for the majority of the time and once I was happy with the texture I added more water into the bath until I was happy with the amount and final texture of the bath. I was so pleasantly surprised by how much the Gelli Baff felt like jelly and how it held the texture and weight of it even when playing. I actually added warm water so they could enjoy playing in the bath without getting cold quickly and the Gelli Baff actually maintained the warm temperature for the whole half an hour they were in the bath - which was a pleasant surprise as I thought it was go cold quickly. It dissolved quickly with the second sachet and was very easy to clean both the children and the bath after use. 
Both of the children loved playing in the Gelli Baff and were in no rush to get out of the bath. They enjoyed feeling it between their fingers and even laying in it. It was definitely a fun experience for them and they are looking forward to their next bath with the red Gelli Baff packet.


Zimpli Kids Slime Baff
I was most excited for them to try Slime Baff, this product turns the bath water into slime. Casper is absolutely obsessed with slime and so having slime that can be contained to the bath and easily washed off afterwards is a mum's dream! It was easy to make, with the same instructions as the Gelli Baff and it stated the more you stirred the thicker the gooey slime became. Unlike the Gelli Baff, the Slime Baff dissolved by just running the tap water. 
It was really easy to make and the slime came out really well! I shared it on my instagram stories when the children went in the bath and was asked if it actually felt like slime, and it really did - if you put your hand in and scooped and lifted up you could definitely feel and see the slime texture. Unfortunately the slime became cold quite quickly, even when running the hot tap, but I feel like that would be expected as slime is generally quite a cold feeling texture. 
Casper and Tabitha both loved the Slime Baff and really didn't want to get out, even when it was really cold. The longer they was in the bath and more the moved aroind the thicker the slime became and they really enjoyed watching the slime fall from their arms and fingers. The Slime Baff did take longer to dissolve than the Gelli Baff, and I found it was harder to clean out of the bath too. It left a "slimey" texture even after rinsing and the children were really slippery after too. I think I learnt for next time to leave the water running for longer and see if that combats that problem.


Zimpli Kids SnoBall Play

The last product we got to test was the Zimpli Kids SnoBall Play, this product is also added to water to imitate the texture and look of real snow balls. There was two 20g sachets in our box and for the whole box it's meant to make 30+ SnoBalls. Like the previous two products you add the sachets to water and mix until you get the desired texture. I added the specified amount of water to sachets in a plastic bowl and mixed until we got snow like texture. To begin with I didn't think iy was working but the longer I mixed the less watery it became and definitely thickened up well. 
Casper and Tabitha loved feeling the snow in the bowl and playing in the bowl. Unfortunately I jusy couldn't get the right texture to make snow balls that stayed gelled together, I would definitely need to give try in the future to see if I can get the perfect texture for us. However, even without being able to make perfect balls, the children really did enjoy playing with the snow and throwing it about. We played with ours in the garden and after use I went around diluting with water. It did leave the ground slippery with a gel like substance but the next day when I checked it had dissolved well.


Where to buy?

You can find where Zimpli Kids stock their products on their website here, and also not listed is Amazon. Both Gelli Baff and Slime Baff retail at £4.99* for a single use box and SnoBall Play retails at £4.99* for a box of 60+ balls.

Overall thoughts

All three products were definitely fun to try and play with and we will definitely use again in future. My favourite as a parent had to be the Gelli Baff, the temperature of the product meant I didn't have to rush them out for getting too cold, it cleaned up well and I thought was the most fun. Casper's favourite was unsurprisingly the Slime Baff, he really enioyed the texture and didn't want to get out. I think the products are versatile and in future have said I would love to use the Slime Baff and SnoBall products for messy play on a tuff tray, as I think you can then get more than one use out of each box and will make messy play a lot easier to clean up.


If your children haven't tried Zimpli Kids products before I would definitely recommend, there is a wide range of colours - so definitely something for everyone. I do think lots of children would love it and parents don't have to worry about clean up afterwards! 


Please do let me know if you've ever tried them? Which was your favourite?

Thank you for reading :)
Natalie x

No comments:

Post a Comment